In order to install Windows on your computer, either a desktop or a laptop, there are a variety of ways to make your pen drive bootable. All the procedures to follow for each method are listed below:
How make a USB flash disk bootable
1. Plug a USB flash drive into an activated PC.
2. Log in as an administrator and open a Command Prompt window.
3. Enter “diskpart”
4. Type list disk at the command prompt in the newly opened command line window to find the drive letter or number of the USB flash drive, and then press ENTER. All of the computer’s disks are shown with the list disk command. Take note of the USB flash drive’s drive number or drive letter.
5. Enter select disk X at the command prompt, where X is the drive number or drive letter of the USB flash drive.
6. Enter the word clean and press Enter. This command clears the USB flash drive’s entire contents.
7. Type create partition primary and press ENTER to make a new primary partition on the USB flash drive.
8. Type pick partition 1 and press ENTER to select the partition you just created.
Type format fs=ntfs quick and press ENTER to format the partition.
If the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) is supported by your server platform, you should format the USB flash drive as FAT32 rather than NTFS. Type format fs=fat32 fast and press ENTER to format the partition as FAT32.
1. Type “active” and press the ENTER key.
2. Type “exit” and press the ENTER key.
3. After creating your own image, save it to the USB flash drive’s root directory.
Simply follow the instructions, and you’ll be on your way without having to stress yourself out looking for a compact CD.