The Ghana Education Service (GES) in a letter dated May 17, 2023, with reference number -GESHQ/SDTU/3123, has released the conditions that makes one to qualify for study leave with pay for the 2023 academic year.
In line with the GES Study Leave with Pay policy, employees of the service should satisfy the
following conditions to qualify for the award of Study Leave with Pay.
Conditions for the Grant of Study Leave with Pay
1. The minimum number of years to serve before qualifying for the grant of Study Leave with Pay is 3 (three) years of satisfactory service. A beneficiary of Study Leave with Pay shall be bonded for the number of years served at the Institution plus one (1) year.
2. An applicant (staff of GES) who has served in a designated deprived area for Two (2) years may be eligible for consideration for the grant of Study Leave with Pay.
3. Non-Professional graduate teachers should have served for at least one (1) year before being
eligible for any of the Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) course.
4. Staff of the Service returning from Secondment must serve a minimum of two (2) years before
they become eligible for Study Leave with Pay.
5. Staff of the Service who vacate, leave the service and are re-appointed/re-engaged must serve a minimum of five (5) years before being eligible for Study Leave with Pay.
6. A Staff who does not qualify for the grant of Study Leave with Pay in the first year cannot apply again in the second year of his/her studies. The Staff must apply for Study Leave Without Pay to pursue the course.
7. A Staff who is eligible for Study Leave with Pay must have a minimum of two (2) years to serve after the course. For example, a Staff who is Fifty-Five (55) years and above cannot apply for Study Leave with Pay to pursue a course that lasts Four (4) years or more. He/She can however, apply to pursue courses that have a duration/between One (1) and Three (3) years.
8. A Staff shall be eligible for Study Leave with Pay subject to the following:
a) Good conduct and performance
b) Recommendation by immediate supervisor
Application for Study Leave with Pay:
1. Applicants should obtain application forms from the Metro/Municipal/District Education
2. Applicants should complete application forms (4 copies), attach certified true copies of
3. Applications should be submitted to the applicant’s Regional Director through the Metro/ Municipal District Dircetor/Head of Institution (2M Cycle).
4. The Regional District Directors should ensure that the list of all fully qualified beneficiaries reach the Acting Director, Human Resource Management and Development (HRMD) GES
Headquarters by Tuesday, 31% October, 2023.
See letter below;
Subscribe to this blog and follow us on facebook