The Ghana Education Service (GES) has decided to go back to the old and normal academic calendar which was disrupted due to Covid 19. The GES has made changes and adjustments to the current academic calendar. GES is sharing this information to inform parents for them to prepare for the impending changes.
Parents are to note the following;
1. The G.E.S. will revert to the old academic calendar
2. There will be 3 full terms this year, and first term of the next academic year will be within this year.
3. Term 1- January to March 2023, Term 2-April to June 2023, and Term 3- July to September
4. Term 1 for the 2024 academic calendar is from September to December 2023
5. Your wards will be promoted from their current class to the next class in September 2023, for example, if your ward is in class 6 now, by September he or she will be promoted to JHS 1
ALSO READ: Dr. Adutwum, the Minister of education, issues a warning about the risks of eliminating STEM Education
6. Parents will be required to buy the books for their wards in the 2024 academic year in September 2023 instead of January 2024
7. Parents are to note that the books they buy in September 2023 will be used by their wards until the end of the 2024 academic year
8. Parents are to note that even though this arrangement will bring discomfort now, it will be a relief to them in January 2024 when they might have been now buying the books for their wards right after the Christmas festivities
9. Parents should stomach this in these trying times and the discomfort this will bring
10. Parents are to plan and prepare adequately for the next 6 to 7 months when these changes mentioned will reach their peak.
ADVERTISE ON: educativenewsonline.com
Subscribe to this blog and follow us on facebook