AAMUSTED Student  dies after catching fire during Hall Procession [video]

Student, Prosper Owusu, from the Akenten Appiah-Menka University of Skills Training and Entrepreneurial Development (AAMUSTED) passed away as a result of burns. The dead person, who was apparently a third-year maths student at the institution, reportedly caught fire during a school hall parade.

When the fire event happened on Friday, August 25, 2023, Owusu is thought to have been performing traditional ceremonies as the main priest with several Opoku Ware II Hall students present in the hall. 

He was quickly taken to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) for treatment, but on September 1, 2023, he passed tragically.

ALSO READ: ATTC Students Under Threat of Suspension after Appearing in Music Video Wearing School Uniforms

He apparently passed away as a result of the serious burns he received from the fire. According to reports, the event is being looked into by the university administration. 

Additionally, they advised students to avoid risky behaviours.

Owusu’s passing came to light after a video showing him attempting to put out a fire that engulfed his clothing went viral online. As the main priest, he was well known for conducting customary rites for the hall. In the video, Owusu is seen leading rites in front of a fire while being surrounded by his coworkers. Suddenly, his clothing and body catch fire, but all attempts to douse the flames were fruitless.

Watch the video below;

Join our WHATSAPP GROUP and TELEGRAM CHANNEL to get all relevant teaching resources to make your lessons effective.

Subscribe to this blog and follow us on facebook

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button